4Life4Freedom Blog

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4Life4Freedom Blog

4Life4Freedom Blog

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4Life4Freedom Blog

Blog forums designed for the free and safe exchange of accurate information

Petition to redo the final 3 books of the Wheel of Time

Sodas
    Sodas
    Admin

Petition to redo the final 3 books of the Wheel of Time Empty Petition to redo the final 3 books of the Wheel of Time

Post by Sodas Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:27 am

For me, this is an issue because Robert Jordan is such a master at his work.  Brandon Sanderson never completed the work properly.

Please, if you haven't, read Brandon Sanderson's introduction in Unfettered.

It's a disaster.  Not only does he want to apologize for Demandred, he finds him tragic.  This is not appropriate for Jordan's work and was rightly cut.  More so, shows that Brandon Sanderson is a moral relativist, who doesn't understand right from wrong.  Instead, he champions a crazed megalomaniac with a love story straight out of a USSR propaganda film.

This is already on top of his writing style that I would describe as the common biology text book approach.  

"Think of it this way--yes, the Pattern simply IS. But evolution simply IS as well. And some times, species evolve to..." - Brandon Sanderson

Some scientist he is!  Some times, species evolve?  Like the Galapagos finches ... who after 170 years still have the same 13 species on the islands!  Science has moved on from Brandon's take, which clearly he is out of the loop upon.

So, for that, and other reasons, this petition is to bring about the attention of TOR, Team Jordan, those involved in Robert Jordan's estate, and those that may be involved in his legacy.

His work was an American Masterpiece.  It should be recognized and treated as such.

Thank you, please sign up here if you agree.

Here are some options :

Collective work of a fan base
    Single author
    Collection of a few authors

I agree that the author should be interesting and knowledgeable.  I would really like to see an HCFF, in fact, write the final books.  How long that is, should not matter.  The idea is quality, not quantity or brevity.  I would like someone who takes the work seriously, and tries to as accurately as possible, bring the final books to life like Robert Jordan himself would.

I would love to hear more opinions of course.

p.s. I separated the two threads better - nothing has been erased - only added or improved upon.

Last edited by Sodas on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 am; edited 5 times in total
    Sodas
    Sodas
    Admin

Petition to redo the final 3 books of the Wheel of Time Empty updated

Post by Sodas Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm