4Life4Freedom Blog

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4Life4Freedom Blog

4Life4Freedom Blog

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4Life4Freedom Blog

Blog forums designed for the free and safe exchange of accurate information

Getting healthy!

Reenah
    Reenah
    Band of the Red Hand
    Band of the Red Hand

Getting healthy!  Empty Getting healthy!

Post by Reenah Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:13 am

My family and I are headed toward a much happier and healthier lifestyle. It has been difficult, fighting cravings and temptations from every angle. Trying to find recipes and then actually getting them to turn out right, well that is a whole other story.
    I have found in my trials and errors, that just being simple and easy is always the best way to go. When ever I get more then 20 ingredients...well it tastes 20 different ways.
    My favorite chefs and guides in our path to healthiness have been different than any I grew up seeing on T.V. or reading in a book or paper.
    Jamie Oliver...where can I start? He really knows what it means to be healthy while keeping it simple.
    Here are a few links to some of his work that I really admire...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundation/jamies-food-revolution/home

https://plus.google.com/+JamieOliver/posts

His big fight is the war on school lunches. We all know they are absolutely gross....at least when I was growing up. Some schools have not really changed their ways and it is all because of government issued policies and programs that keep people from knowing that the food being served in schools is not only gross, IT IS NOT HEALTHY. PERIOD. There are so many PROCESSED foods in our schools it is ridiculous. I applaud Jamie Oliver for doing what he has been doing while raising his family at the same time. If he can do it...why can't we?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 pm